"DOMESTIC ENGINEERS" UNITE

Thursday, January 7, 2010

are you awake?

If I could put sound on this site, I would record myself saying that title in the sing-songy, teasing voice I use with my daughter. It's what I say to her everytime I go into her room to get her. It always gets a positive reaction-- a huge smile showing off her two new teeth, or if she's feeling more anxious, a flailing of limbs that will surely give her abs to make Mommy jealous.



When I hear the gurgle from the monitor that lets me know she's up, my first thought is generally, oh crap. I'm usually in the middle of getting something done, or even better, doing nothing at all. The sound on the monitor reminds me that I'm operating on someone else's schedule. Buuut, the moment I get into her room and say my signature line, my motivation comes flooding back. I'm suddenly happy she's up.



Isn't that what motherhood is really about? Those moments that are such a mixed bag of emotion?

ok, baby's up & I'm having to type one-handed....later!

No comments:

Post a Comment